My friend put glow in the dark star stickers on my ceiling saying it would help me sleep better. It didn't work. Long after my friend went to bed, I couldn't sleep. The stars stared down at me. I couldn't take it anymore and pulling out a piece of paper, named all the stars, created constellations, and then predicted the direction on which they would travel across the ceiling. Finally at peace, I went to sleep.
No one told me that humans sleep late. The sun was almost to it's zenith when my friend woke up. I tried to be as friendly as I could and showed her all my star charts I had created during the night, but she just looked at me sullenly. Trying a different approach I tactfully asked what new earth foods we were to be eating today. Her only response was to pull out a rectangular box from the cabinet. Upon my query of what it was she responded 'Lucky Charms". "Fascinating You actually have created edible amulets? I didn't know humans were so superstitious. How long does it take for the charm to take affect?" She just looked at me. "It's breakfast cereal." After asking what cereal was, she made me sit down and gave me a bowl (The name for one of their eating dishes.) and said to eat it. She stared at me across the table. "And? How is it?" Breakfast cereal is an interesting food. It is put into a white liquid that makes it soggy and the multicolor things floating in it have a strange texture. "It's wonderful." I said, "I can feel the amulet beginning to work already!" At this she just rolled her eyes and walked away. Eye rolling seems to be common expression among the humans. Most of my queries are met with such a gesture. I will have to practice it for use in later conversations.
7.2.10
Lucky Charms and Glow in the dark stickers
Posted by No Ordinary Mind at 7.2.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Annotations:
Spock,
Your genius overwhelms many minds. Good job on the star chart. And don't worry, humans are grouchy in the mornings. You will have to get used to it. Your friend was probably grouchy because she was missing a wonderful day of sunday school where we learned about Cain and Abel and I had some interesting "family home evening" flashbacks. And by the way, cereal is overrated.
Spock's "friend",
Ditcher!!! I was so alone today! Wait, Jessica came. That made me feel a gazillion times better. But seriously, you better be there next week. I cannot be left alone in a room, on VALENTINE'S DAY, with....*shudders*. Anywho...bye.
Dj
Dear Spock,
I would love to see your ceiling! That is very creative of you... Unfortunately I don't believe that they will move. I'm sorry your friend slept in so late. Is the 'zenith of the sun' noon?
Lucky charms are delicious.
Shelby,
We missed you! I agree you should for sure come next week. Sorry you were feeling sick.
Je-
Holly
Post a Comment