The wallpaper of the restaurant was dingy. Flowers in a curious pattern littered the walls; a wooden clock on the wall ticked repeatedly in a solemn and bored tone. The fake plants were scattered across the room at random and cast off a faint smell of dust when you brushed by them. Such was the fine dinning experience of a small town. I glanced at Brianna over my menu, a shocking red head whose tight curly hair gave a rather wild but friendly appearance. Brianna smiled constantly and had a smile worth smiling about. I looked at Mark, he gave a deep scowl in return before directing his gaze back to the table.
I studied the menu, I was not familiar with earth food and some of the names were unheard of. I had never heard of "Potatoes" and things such as a "skillet" and "Parsley" were as foreign to me as gespar is to earthlings.
"How do you pronounce this?" I whispered to my friend. "That would be a hamburger." She said, a slight smile on her face. "What is it?" "It's a sandwich, with a beef patty and various vegetables." Sounded risky, if I didn't like it, I would have to endure whatever strange earth vegetables they had and this thing called "beef". "What is beef?" "It's uh... cow. That would be an animal. You eat them." But seeing the look of shock on my face, she added quickly, "No, no! It's not like that! Just try something else." I heard a cough. Mark and Brianna were staring at us.
"Uh, Spock's parents moved to India when he was little, he's grown up there and you know how they think cows are sacred? He hasn't had meat before." My friend put in quickly. Brianna nodded, Mark just looked incredulous.
After ordering food, (I tried something they call lasagna) I tried starting a conversation with Brianna. We talked on various subjects of science and I found the earth definition of things most amusing, but was able to be polite and nod at the appropriate times. I was telling her of my point of view on the subject of gravity when I accidentally started mixing Klingon with English. ( I do this frequently and is a habit I am trying to fix.) "You speak Klingon!" Brianna said. "Um yes, I..." "That is so cool!" She responded in Klingon this time. "All my friends think its nerdy and creepy, I am so happy to know someone else who speaks it!" For the rest of the evening, we spoke in Klingon which got many strange looks from the others sitting in the restaurant. I even heard Mark mutter something about 'Joining a nerd club' but we paid no attention.
After leaving the restaurant, we had to drop off Brianna. She lived with in walking distance of the restaurant so we all walked over there. Brianna said goodbye to everyone and said thank you for the evening. (Remembering from the movies we had watched) I escorted Brianna to the door. She said goodbye and I started to raise my hand in the customary Vulcan salute when I heard my friend cough from the driveway. "Oh right." I said remembering, I took Brianna's hand and kissed it. "Farewell Mon Cheri." I said. (All the guys do it in the movies my friend made me watch, so I expect that was the correct thing to do.) Brianna turned red, I heard Mark laughing from the driveway and my friend, I'm sure, rolled her eyes.
17.2.10
Forgivness and Revenge Part II
Posted by No Ordinary Mind at 17.2.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Annotations:
I have nothing left to say. To either of you.
Hahahaha! Oh, man! Oh, Spock. That was actually pretty sweet of you... But that may freak some people out just a tad. I don't particularly like eating meat, either, so don't feel bad. So, would you say this date was a failure or success? Just wondering.
"Friend",
I think you may need to help Spock with 'context'. Knowing when to use those romantic things he's picked up from movies could be helpful. I hope everything goes well.
Holly
Were Back!!! (Hey that was my line!) Shut up Foofles.. Anyways like I was saying... We just got back from a wonderful adventure. Sorry we haven't commented on anything for a while we were in a top secret area and couldn't access the internet. Anyways welcome to earth Spock! Hopefully Vulcans are peaceful towards Llamas cuz we would really hate to have to neutralize you. We have really enjoyed reading about your stay here on earth. Anyways our advice to you. Stay away from Mascera, Eat beef and not Llama, Oh! And don't put tin foil in the Microwave. Also avoid such movies as Music and Lyrics and Pride and Prejudice. AS they will melt you Vulcan mind and turn it into mush... Have fun!
Hey, llama dude, don't dis Pride and Prejudice! :)
Post a Comment