Again, warning. The following depicts the consequences of Vulcans and chocolate. Some material may be shocking or even disturbing to minds unused to living with Vulcans. Vulcan's and human's alike take warning.
"Spock." I thought I heard my name being called. "Spock." The voice came again. My friend was standing above my bed. "It's nearly ten 'o clock. But as you always so poetically say it: 'The sun is almost at it's zenith and all the things that can be accomplished in the day are dwindling fast into oblivion.' Pretty good impressions huh? Now get up." I stumbled down the hall and sat sullenly at the table. "What do you want for breakfast?" My friend asked me, holding a box of Lucky Charms. I shook my head. "Fine. How about toast?" I nodded. "Fine." My friend said, putting bread in the toaster. "Are you ok today?" I shook my head. "Are you going to talk today?" "That would be illogical." I said, my voice cracking. I was not feeling good at all, my head felt like I had just warped through an asteroid field. "Are you getting sick?" My friend asked looking concerned. "No. -" I stopped to clutch my head, 'Augh! the blood vessels in my brain are constricting!" "What are you talking about?!' My friend said, shocked by my sudden outburst. "My head. . . blood vessels. Constricting... Headache." I stammered, apparently loosing the ability to communicate in full sentences. "Then why didn't you just say so? You don't have to make things so complicated. Now eat your toast and I'll get you some medicine for your headache." "Toast?" I said, my mind fogging. Why would I eat toast?" "You said that's what you wanted, now eat!" "No." I said, suddenly feeling my blood pump quicker; my mood changing from dazed to rebellious."Well, why not?" "Because that would be illogical! You have to eat Lucky charms in the morning to have fortune smile on you through out the day! You don't get the same benefits by eating that grainy square stuff you call bread!!" What was wrong with me? My moods were switching too fast, I needed to lie down. "Spock, you are impossible!" My friend sighed, "Raising a puppy would be easier than you!" "No, I exist therefore I am not impossible. What you mean to say is I'm improbable." She just looked at me. "At least the puppy wouldn't argue back. Hey, you watched big bang theory didn't you? I knew I should have hid the remote. At least you haven't found the soap operas yet." "What? how did you know?" I asked. "You just quoted directly off it!" "Oh." I felt myself relaxing again, the calm, dazed feeling sweeping over me. "Fine, you win. I'll eat toast." My friend pushed the plate towards me, shaking her head. "I swear, I will never figure out your-" "You swear? Are you swearing by Alec, that man that Mark swore by?" "What are you talking about?" "Smart Alec. That man that Mark swore by, is he some type of genius on your planet? What did he do that was so brilliant that you swear by him?" My friend started laughing uncontrollably. I watched; unmoved. I was used to this response to most of my queries.
I munched the toast silently. Toast is bland, crunchy and makes too much noise when consumed. My friend stared back at me; waiting. She didn't have long to wait. *Crunch, crunch, crunch...*
"So what do you want to do today?" She asked, breaking the silence. "I think." I said, swallowing the last dry piece of toast, "That we should try to disprove one another's theories in a debate over various scientific topics. It is a most invigorating game." "Um, no." My friend said, "If you want to do something nerdy like that then we can play scrabble or Risk. I know better than to get into an argument with you." I wasn't sure if I should be offended or not. Deciding not to take offense, I stared back at my friend. She has the ability not to blink for long periods of time. "Why are your eyes so bewitching!" I suddenly cried out. "The blue, grey depths are enough to drive one mad!" That made her blink. "What did you just say?" she asked me. I wasn't sure. Her eyes had always struck me as beautiful, but I had never said anything like that. I decided to go for a safe response: "Segalt, The great Vulcan poet. I thought you would want to hear more of his inspiring words." "No, not now." She said, still looking suspicious.
"Yes." I said, feeling somewhat relieved. She continued to list all the things we could do today, including the museum, a movie and the Zoo. "All these sound like fun." I said, feeling suddenly ill, "But I don't feel like doing that today." "What's wrong? Had enough of Earth culture yet?" She laughed. "No, maybe just brownies." I replied, with my head on the table. "Brownies! How many did you eat?" She asked. "All of them." My voice muffled by the wood. Silence. I looked up. My friend was looking down at me with a slightly amused and slightly worried face. "Chocolate must affect the Vulcan mind." I said, groping for some type of explanation. "That's why I made that comment about the color of your eyes." Her face flushed slightly. "Fine, but I not going to believe you until I make sure." She left me at the table and came back with her laptop. Five minutes later, she had found out the results of chocolate, made me lie down on the couch and left me with strict rules on not moving. Her face was still blushing.
23.2.10
The consequences of Chocolate Part III
Posted by No Ordinary Mind at 23.2.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Annotations:
Spock,
Stay away from Brownies. Can you get my some copies of the literature by the great Vulcan poet Segalt?
Friend,
So...blue-grey eyes? Interesting...
Dj
Oh, poor Spock. Unable to eat brownies. Maybe you could try a substitute? Carob brownies, maybe? I know they're not as good, but still... Anyway, feel better. I'd like to read Segalt, too.
Dear Friend,
What is "Big Bang Theory"?
Holly
(P.S. Definitely don't let Spock get ahold of Soap Operas. Or Psych. Bad things could happen with his logic.)
(heheh) Evil laugh. Spock and daytime T.V. :) a terrifying prospect. The Big bang theory is this T.V. show with these nerdy guys named Leonard and Sheldon. (Go figure) They are hilarious! But sometimes, they get a little weird, (if you know what I mean) and then I don't watch those parts. If you want more of Segalt's logical poetry, click the link on my Chocolate part II post.
Dj- I expect an answer on your last comment. :) Torture devices can and will be used if you don't comply with my demands.
Post a Comment