While I have been staying here on earth, my friend will introduce me to people as a "Foreign exchange student". I asked her why she did that and that I preferred "Intergalactic traveler." But, she just rolled her eyes and said that 'Foreign exchange student' was close enough. Movies as they call them are very popular with the people of earth. Of course we have such things on Vulcan, but we prefer deep tomes of literature to pictures flashing on a screen. I was watching Star trek with my friend and quite enjoyed watching myself on the television. One thing I found humorous in the film is when Nero is calling my name. It has a strange resemblance to a species of earth fowl called the chicken. "Spock! Spock!" One thing I have noticed is that on earth, they have a strange fascination with Anthropomorphism. They use it constantly and have gone so far as to make even their cleaning utensils human. Illogical! Earth's dietary customs are also strange. For breakfast they eat round, flat things they call "Pancakes" which they cover with a sweet substance. These "Pancakes" consist of some type of dough which is spooned onto a hot black griddle. (Another peculiar word.) The dough is then browned and considered fit for eating.
They also have another food they call "Ice cream" it is cold, has various pieces of candy in it and melts easily. I must say that I am quite taken with this earth food and must make a request for more. (Resistance is futile.) Though I am not yet sure of some of earth's habits, I am quite enjoying my stay here.
Vulcan Out.
6.2.10
Earth Customs
Posted by No Ordinary Mind at 6.2.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Annotations:
Dear Spock,
Great to have you on the planet. Glad you're enjoying yourself so far! Pancakes are delicious. Ice cream is even better. I enjoyed watching you in Star Trek, too. If you have a chance, you should drop by Atlantis. We're huge fans of yours here! I'm excited to hear more of your opinions on "Earth's Habits".
Also, it's probably best that your friend doesn't introduce you as an Intergalactic traveler... Some earthlings don't take well to those kind of shenanigans.
Holly
Spock,
Enjoy your visit on earth. Yes, Ice Cream is marvelous. Pasta and bread are more amazing earth creations. Brownies too...just stay away from McDonald's. And Holly Watson is right. 90% of earthlings are not going to take "Intergalacitic Traveler" well. Vulcan out.
Spock's "friend",
Are you out of your vulcan mind?! I am seriously ready to bring in a psychiatrist. I have connections with a very good one. I should probably mention that she is also a chiropractic and accomplished actress :D
Dj
Post a Comment