I was sitting on the couch with my laptop trying to work but kept getting distracted. Spock was sitting at the dining room table, bent over a book and muttering to himself.
I tried to block it out and focus on writing, but it wasn't working.
"Would you stop that!?"
"Stop what?" he looked up, confused.
"You're talking to yourself!"
"I am not! I am simply reading aloud."
"Can't you do it in your head?"
He sighed, "I will try."
"Thank you."
Things were quiet for a few minutes and I was happily typing away when he started again.
I gave him my best glare,"Spock you're doing it again!"
He gave me a patient look, one he does when trying not to look annoyed,
"My apologies, reading Latin is not something easily done."
"You read Latin? I thought you were muttering spells."
He smirked. "My knowledge does not lean into witchcraft. The whole 'flying on a broomstick' this is ludicrous."
"Oh really?" I gave him one of my sweetest smiles, "And I always thought you would look so cute in a pointed hat."
He gave me a glare. "You are exasperating."
"You are impossible."
He gave one last look at his book before closing it and coming over to sit across from me.
"You've won my attention, now what do you desire?"
I scooted over for him to sit down, "I didn't want your attention! I wanted you to stop talking to yourself. Hey, that reminds me, why do you talk like that?"
"To what are you referring?" he raised an eyebrow.
"Like that! This isn't the 18th century."
He shrugged, "I do not know."
I sat up, "Let's switch, I'll talk like you and you have to talk like me, ok?"
He nodded, with a rather unsure look.
"Ok," I breathed, sitting up straight and narrowing my eyes, "My knowledge of Latin is so superior, I make Harry Potter look like a dimwit."
I squinted at him; he was trying really hard not to laugh.
"That was... that was a startling attempt."
"No!" I shouted, "You have to talk- I mean, communicate like me!"
He sighed, then giving an exaggerated eye roll, "That was like, the most awful thing I have like ever seen."
I hit him with the pillow I was holding, "I am not a valley girl!"
He held up a defensive arm to block any further attacks, "Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure!" I hit him again, "Take it back!"
"No." He grinned at me.
"Fine." I said scooting away from him, "I'm going to try again, ready? This is going to be good."
He raised an eyebrow, "Thrill me."
I tried giving my best gravely serious look, "Why do they say things are 'homemade'? A home cannot make something."
He pondered this, "Why do they?"
"Arrgh! That's not the point! How did I do?"
He was still thinking the question over, "Hm... I would give you a seven. That is a very interesting point you have brought up, but your facial expression was not accurate."
"How would you know?" I retaliated, "Do you practice in the mirror?"
"No." He grinned at me.
"Uh huh. I believe you. Now what did I do wrong?"
He moved closer, "You have to get this bored look on your face." he demonstrated, making his eyes darken into an intensely bored expression.
"Please don't tell me this is how you feel all the time." I said, trying to mimic him.
He shrugged, "Now you have to look slightly interested," his eyes flickered.
"This is not natural! How am I supposed to do this?"
"Just try. Now, you have to slightly arch your eyebrow."
I tried, but started laughing, "I can't do it!'
"No, that was close, try again."
I pictured all the raised eyebrow looks he'd given me and then tried it.
"Good job!" He looked pleased, "Except you need to make this part higher."
He reached and with one finger slowly ran it over my eyebrow as I tried arching it higher.
He lowered his hand, "Perfect. You resemble a slightly pained Vulcan. Kudos to you."
I hit him with the pillow again, "Oh, thank you. Someone in pain is exactly what I want to look like. We can't all practice that look in the mirror."
He gave a mischievous grin.
"You wish."
23.5.10
Role Playing
Posted by No Ordinary Mind at 23.5.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Annotations:
*giggles* That was fun. Friend, you do a fairly good Spock impression.
Spock, you rock.
Post a Comment