He found it.
I expected a bigger reaction though.... hm. I'll have to try something else. And why is he still letting me put this on here? Let's just say blackmail is... an appropriate stimulator.
Now, for how he found out:
I was sitting on my dining room table, (Yes, on.) eating a bowl of ice cream and trying really hard not to look guilty. I was staring over Spock's shoulder who happened to be sitting next to me. (Not on the table though, I can't convince him that it's better than a chair) I was watching him doodle math equations on a paper. At least, it looked like doodling. I'm not sure.
He had said very little all day and I was beginning to have the sneaking suspicion that he knew and was simply waiting for me to crack.
I would never crack! Ever! He'd have to drag it out of me!
Or so my thoughts were when he asked,
"Do you always insist on reading over my shoulder?"
Except, I thought he said something else.
"Ok I did it! I'm sorry! I couldn't help it!"
"Did what?" he looked confused. "I know you suffer from that bizarre infatuation with George Clooney, but I honestly don't care if you watched the movies again."
I felt my face turn red. That's a topic we don't talk about.
I laughed nervously. "Hahah, right. The movies...."
He shrugged and went back to doodling. "You really should learn to relax. All that ice cream you eat can't be good for you."
He didn't notice the glare I gave him. He was going to play the innocent, sympathetic card, hoping to get me to confess.
It worked.
.... Sort of.
"So...." I said, trying to change the subject. "Whatcha doing?"
He looked at me like it was obvious. "Mathematical equations."
"Oh." Math wasn't really my thing.
I decided to test the waters and see how much he knew.
"Besides math and all that science junk, do you do any writing?"
"The occasional discourse when the need arises." he said, scribbling something on the paper.
"Hm..." I nodded. "You don't do like a science journal, or something? Dear Abby columns?"
He put the pen down and gave me a look. "Is there something you want to talk about?"
"No! I mean... I was just wondering."
"You're not a very good liar."
The one time he was more interested in conversation than math and it had to be about me.
"What do you mean by that?" I tried to play innocent.
"You've turned an interesting shade of red and your eyes look like their hiding something."
Thank you, Captain obvious.
I decided to play tactful.
"What would you say if someone, hypothetically, wrote something on a certain, hypothetical blog?"
His eyes narrowed, "I would say, hypothetically, that this person better be joking or else they meet a certain hypothetical doom."
"But what about mercy? Forgive the sinner!"
"So is this the 'sinners' attempt at repentance?" he has the creepy ability to make his voice impassive and sarcastic.
"Possibly. Would you forgive them?"
"Would they apologize first for their legal error of intruding on private property and vow never to do it again?"
He should have been a lawyer.
"Yes. I- I mean, 'the sinner' apologizes and promises never to do it again. Unless, pressured otherwise under the circumstance of absolute need."
"That's not what I said."
"Well, that's what you get." I stuck my tongue out at him.
"But you can't. I have the password."
"Maybe I changed it." I felt pretty confident with that.
"You know I could mind meld that from you."
Crap.
He made a sudden movement to grab my head and I screamed and jumped off the table, running for the living room.
"Use your powers for good!"
That stopped him. He started laughing really hard.
I wasn't sure if that was another ploy or not, so I stood far away from him.
"You're not.... mad at me are you?"
He stopped. "Why would I be? It was all merely hypothetical wasn't it?"
"About that...."
12.5.10
Mission: Fascinating II
Posted by No Ordinary Mind at 12.5.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Annotations:
Goodness. Scary memories returning.
Hahahaha! That was so funny.
"Use your powers for good!"
Awesome.
Friend, darling. Don't anger the Vulcan.
Spock, I love you. *cough* Do forgive the sinner.
Holly
Post a Comment